Château Blaignan is a beautiful estate of 97 hectares located in the north of the Médoc, the presence of the vine is attested from the 14th century. From the very old fortress, fief of the lords of Blaignan in the Middle Ages, which gave its name to both the land and the noble family of the Lordship, there was nothing left, except some ruins adjoining the church and the church. former village of Blaignan.
Pierre Merman, Protestant, from a family of Dutch origin settled in Bordeaux since the seventeenth century, bought the estate just after the Revolution. Her family, especially her daughter, Jeanne Marie Reine Peychaud, helped by her husband Charles, made "Taffard-Blaignan" a model property. They considerably increased the land area, repaired the buildings and built a "chartreuse" mansion.
Château Blaignan gained notoriety in 1932 by becoming a famous Cru Bourgeois.
Since 2004, Château Blaignan has been acquired by CA Grands Crus, a subsidiary of the Crédit Agricole Group